STEP ONE: REVIEW ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
- Accepted for grades Pre-K through Grade 8 on a yearly basis.
- Applications must be received by June 1st to be eligible for the school year in August.
- There is a waitlist for admissions and applying does not guarantee your child’s enrollment.
- Admissions Priorities for Accepted Students as New Enrollees
- 1st: siblings of currently enrolled students
- 2nd: current parish members.
- 3rd: parishioners at other Catholic parishes
- 4th: non-Catholics desiring education in a Catholic environment
- Family Statement of Intent: Each new family must complete a statement of intent for why they want to attend OLGC Catholic school.
- Enrollment: Once accepted, new families enroll in FACTS and pay the $250 deposit per child. This fee is applied to tuition. Enrollment does not roll over year-to-year. All families must re-enroll current students for the next school year and pay the $250 deposit.
Click to Read OLGC's Admissions Requirements
- Birth certificates are required regardless of the child’s grade level.
- All students shall comply with the State of Michigan required Immunization and health laws prior to admission. Immunization records are required when the child is enrolled.
We reserve the right to deny admissions:
- Students not recommended for promotion or dismissed from their previous school
- Family chooses not to accept the grade placement recommendation of school professionals
- Students requiring special accommodations or resources beyond our scope
- Discrepancies with Archdiocese of Detroit or School Policies
- Incompatibility with Catholic identity or school’s mission
PRE – K
- PreK-3, the child must be 3-years old by September 1st.
- PreK-4, the child must be 4-years old by September 1st.
- All children entering preschool must be toilet trained.
- Child’s age must be 5 or turning 5 between May 1st-December 1st (No exceptions).
- Program provides a transition year between Preschool and Kindergarten.
- Child must be 5-years old by September 1st (State Law).
- Child must be 6-years old by September 1st
- Completed an approved Kindergarten program.
1ST – 8TH GRADE
- Applicants must submit a copy of:
- Student’s latest progress report or report card with final grades, conduct and attendance
- Standardized test scores
- Special support service evaluation reports (IEP, Speech, Accommodation plans etc.)
- Letters of recommendation from the last teacher and principal if requested from OLGC.
- Students must demonstrate satisfactory progress, attendance and appropriate school behaviors from previous school.
- Applications are considered incomplete until these records are received.
- 4th – 8th graders should shadow during the school day.
- All new students must be assessed in reading and math by our Learning Support Team prior to acceptance.
PARTNERSHIP AND EXPECTATIONS OF OUR FAMILIES
- Active participation in the parent community
- Catholic Identity:
- We want to live as a Christian community who supports one another in the faith. Families are committed to our mission and as the domestic church who intentionally seeks conversion: to grow in virtue, holiness and discipleship. Families respect the sacramental and moral life of our Catholic heritage and with special attention with keeping holy the Sabbath.
- Financial Support:
- Staying current with Tuition Payment Schedule
- Fundraisers are hosted throughout the year and it is expected for school families to provide support financially and/or by volunteering.
- Volunteer With Us:
- Each family donates 20 hours (a single parent family requires 10 hours) of volunteer time, which directly benefits the children at the school.
- All volunteers must meet the AOD Safe Environment requirements.
- This includes a Criminal Background check and a completed Protecting God’s Children workshop.
- Catholic Identity:
We are a tuition based school. Tuition alone does not cover the cost of educating your child/children for a school year. Other sources to help keep tuition costs down include, support from the parish and school fundraisers. Scholarships are available through the Archdiocese of Detroit and in the school.
In Parish Tuition
- Registered at OLGC Parish
- Participate in weekly attendance at Mass
- Participate in parish activities and fundraising
STEP TWO: INQUIRE
The Admissions Director will set up a school tour based on the information provided on the inquiry form below.
- We welcome all potential incoming students to tour OLGC!
- For grades 4th-8th, a Shadow Day will be scheduled by the Admissions Director in addition to a school tour.
- Following the conclusion of Shadow Day, a member of the Administrative Team will host an interview with the potential student and their family.
STEP THREE: APPLY!