NEW FAMILIES APPLICATIONS
Are you a CURRENT OLGC Parish School Family? Re-enrollment instructions are coming soon to secure your placement for next year.
SCHOOL TOURSIf you are interested in our school, we suggest you start your experience with a School Tour. School tours are given by appointment throughout the school year. Please fill out the form below to schedule your School Tour today.
OPEN HOUSEWe will be hosting a Virtual & In-Person Open House for prospective families on Sunday, January 31st, 2021. This is the best opportunity to learn more about Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School, and we hope you will consider joining us.
IN-PERSON EXPERIENCE: click the button below to sign up to receive a private school tour.
VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE: visit iamolgc.com on the day of Open House for videos, resources, applications, a Zoom with the Principal & School Community, and more!
Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School accepts applications for grades Pre-K 3 & Pre-K 4 through Grade 8 on a yearly basis.
Siblings of currently enrolled students are given first priority. Children of parish members receive first consideration for admission. Children of other Catholic parishes are considered next. Non-Catholic children may be admitted when there is space available, but only if their parents agree and are open to their children’s participation in the integrated religious education program offered by the school.
- For Preschool-3, the child must be 3 years old by September 1st.
- For Preschool-4, the child must be 4 years old by September 1st (State Law).
- All children entering preschool must be fully potty trained and able to use the bathroom independently.
- For kindergarten, the child must be 5 years old by September 1st (State Law).
- For first grade, the child must be 6 years old by September 1st and have completed an approved kindergarten program.
- In order to be eligible for In-Parish Tuition Rates, families will be asked to verify meeting the following requirements: 1) registered members of Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish; 2) regular weekly Mass attendance; 3) financially support the parish; 4) meet “DOVE hour” volunteer requirements that include parish and school opportunities.
- Tenure in the parish, as determined by parent date of registration in the parish, shall determine admission priority.
- To be eligible for the school year in September, the application must be received before the preceding January 22nd.
- Applicants must pay a $125 application fee and will be notified of acceptance through FACTS.
- A new list for each grade level will be made every year based on parent date of registration in the parish with all applications received by January 22nd of that year.
- For students in grades 4 through 8, parents must submit a copy of the student’s latest report card showing final grades, satisfactory or better conduct, good attendance, copies of any standardized test scores and/or special support service evaluation reports, and letters of recommendation from the last teacher and principal. Applications are considered incomplete until these records are received. Admission may be denied based on a deficiency in academic success, study skills, and/or behavior/conduct.
- Current families register in FACTS and pay $250 deposit per child (open now through 1/22/21).
- New families may begin the application process on 1/31/21.
Students who were not recommended for promotion in their previous school will not be accepted to the next grade at OLGC. Students requiring special support services will be considered on an individual basis and must be able to perform in a regular classroom. Their status will be reviewed annually by the Principal. We reserve the right to deny admission to any child whose needs we do not have the resources and ability to meet, or whose parents are motivated by concerns not consistent with the goals of the school or policies of the Archdiocese of Detroit. If this is determined, parents may be requested to place the child in a school elsewhere.
All students shall comply with the State of Michigan required Immunization and health laws prior to admission.
Since it is the prime objective of OLGC to keep families together, children on the waiting list will be given top priority if it should occur that a sibling be accepted in a given year.
It is important to emphasize that tuition alone does not cover the cost of educating your child/children for a school year. Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish contributes a substantial subsidy to each student to help offset the cost of his/her education. Accordingly, families are expected to demonstrate active participation in the parish and provide financial support.