UPDATED SATURDAY, MARCH 27, 2021
STATUS OF INSTRUCTION AND SCHOOL-SPONSORED FUNCTIONS
- Instruction: In-person instruction remains unchanged
- School-Sponsored Functions: School-sponsored functions remain unchanged
SCHOOL ASSOCIATED COVID-19 CASES
On 11/8/20, Wayne County Health Department made us aware of the following case counts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19 amongst the Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School Community. This data may include probable and confirmed cases as reported by Wayne County Health Department among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period.
|New Cases (Since Last Update)||1|
|Cumulative Cases (Since Reporting Began||4|
|Populations Affected||Staff and students|
Our school will continue to take every precaution necessary. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the School Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School and/or Wayne County Health Department.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact Wayne County Health Department at (734) 727-7100. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.