CELEBRATING OVER 60 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE IN CATHOLIC EDUCATION!
Convinced of the Church’s teaching that Jesus Christ alone fully reveals what it means to be human, our philosophy at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School is to:
• Be a school where the life of faith is the driving force behind every activity.
• Provide a sound Catholic and academic foundation that encourages faith-based intellectual inquiry for future achievement in all areas of life.
• Challenge each student to use their God-given talents to achieve personal excellence.
• Provide a place where each child is valued for their God-given uniqueness.
LEADER IN ME
The Leader in Me process not only impacts the leadership and culture of a school, but has a positive influence on academics by activating student-led learning.
Archdiocese of Detroit K-8 Schools follow a rigorous set of curriculum standards designed to set our students on a path for academic success. Our Lady of Good Counsel not only follows but exceeds these standards.
For more information regarding the Archdiocese's K-8 curriculum, please visit their website.
Curriculum for Grades 1 – 8
• Religion • Mathematics • Reading • English – Grammar & Writing • Science • Social Studies • Research/Library Skills • Computer Education • Music • Physical Education • Art • Spanish • Theater • Band
OLGC delivers academic excellence by equipping our 21st century classrooms with the latest technology, including Clevertouch boards, iMac lab, and iPads.
• Project-based learning
• Small Group Instruction
• Classrooms currently undergoing reconstruction to include flexible seating