CELEBRATING OVER 60 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE IN CATHOLIC EDUCATION!
Convinced of the Church’s teaching that Jesus Christ alone fully reveals what it means to be human, our philosophy at Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish School is to:
• Be a school where the life of faith is the driving force behind every activity.
• Provide a sound Catholic and academic foundation that encourages faith-based intellectual inquiry for future achievement in all areas of life.
• Challenge each student to use their God-given talents to achieve personal excellence.
• Provide a place where each child is valued for their God-given uniqueness.
OLGC Parish School is committed to academic excellence. We offer an exceptional education that helps each student identify and foster his or her own talents. We adhere to the rigorous and diverse curriculum requirements of the Archdiocese of Detroit which can be found here
OLGC Parish School is striving to be accessible to every student who desires a Catholic education at our school. You may learn more about our Student Support Program here.
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
- Media Center (Library/iMac Computer Lab)
- Physical Education
Middle School and Junior High Enrichment:
- Advanced Art
- Advanced Team Sports
- Advanced Technology
- Study Skills
OLGC Parish School follows the AOD Catholic School Religion Curriculum which was recently formatted through the lens of the three-fold dimension of the Christian life – Encounter, Grow, Witness. Each grade has curriculum modules. Modules in the Encounter phase aim to evangelize the children, not merely teach the topic of evangelization. These modules are more experiential in nature to help children encounter the risen Christ and be invited to enter into a life of discipleship. The modules in the Grow phase are more doctrinal in nature while the Witness modules focus on how to live in faith in day-to-day life.
- Weekly school Mass
- Weekly chapel time
- Monthly Adoration
- Kerygma 4 Kids lessons
- Daily religion class
- PK-2 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Gospel values permeate into all subjects
- Seasonal Traditions: Advent, Lent, Easter, Christmas and Marian celebrations
- Daily morning and afternoon prayer and reflection
- Sacrament Preparation
- School-wide and personal opportunities for service
- Emphasis on Social Justice
- *Discipleship Small Groups
- *Crusader for Life
- *Middle School and Junior High only
At OLGC Parish School, we are “proudly Catholic;” however, students of all faiths are warmly welcomed.