WELCOME TO OLGC'S KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM!
WE ARE SAINTS IN TRAINING! LISTEN, LEARN, LAUGH, LEAD, LOVE...AND THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE!
- Morning Meeting
- Reading/Phonics Lesson
- Math Lesson
- Work Stations
- Lunch and Recess
- Rest Time/Science
- Leader In Me
- Centers (Free Choice Play)
OLGC KINDERGARTEN OFFERS
- Faith integration into our classroom through daily prayer, weekly mass, chapel visits, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, opportunities for adoration, praise and worship, and more
- Enrichment classes including library, computers, music, spanish, art, and PE students attend weekly
- A play based curriculum where children learn through hands on experiences including dramatic play “house” area, block area, art area, sensory table, playdough table, writing center, literacy and math tables, reading corners, interactive CleverTouch boards, and more
- Learning that is child led and teacher directed to help foster independence, responsibility, love for learning, and discovery
YOUNG 5's PROGRAM
OLGC’s Young 5’s program offers a transition year in between preschool and Kindergarten to prepare for the rigors of Kinder.
- Schedule: 5 full days from 8:00am-3:10pm (just like Kinder)
- Qualification: Must be 5 or turning 5 between May 1st – November 1st
- Students will wear uniforms.
- Students will follow the Kinder curriculum but at a slower pace.
- Includes a strong focus on social emotional learning as well as academics.
- Includes a collaboration with both Pre-K 4 teachers and classes as well as Kinder.
- After completing Young 5’s, children qualify for Kinder the following year.
AREAS OF LEARNING
Intended to expose students to our fundamental Catholic teachings, language, math, motor skills, art, music, and technology by focusing on these key areas:
LEADER IN ME
OLGC is proud to be a Leader in Me school. Leader in Me is designed to help students both in and out of the classroom as they learn the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Through these habits, which tie in easily with our Catholic virtues, students build skill sets to become leaders in their daily lives, which will in turn form them into leaders in their communities and beyond.