Now Hiring! Latchkey Teacher Position
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church (OLGC) is a rapidly growing parish, located in Plymouth, MI, committed to the New Evangelization. Our vision is “To offer every person in our community a life-changing encounter with Jesus.” One of the key ways we will succeed in achieving this vision is through the hiring of quality staff who have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a deep love for His Church.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic leader, with an expressed joy in the Lord whose servant’s heart is demonstrated as a lived faith in all endeavors within the OLGC School and parish. The OLGC Latchkey (before and after school) Program provides an environment that fosters each child’s development. This position is for Monday thru Friday with a time of 2:30-4:30 PM.
High School Diploma or GED equivalency
Satisfactory criminal background check
Completion of Protecting God’s Children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Be a joyful missionary disciple and support the mission of the school.
• Complies with basic policies and staff image in order to serve as a role model to participants of the program
• Provides customer service support to children, parents, Latchkey staff, school staff, other OLGC personnel, and community members
• Supervises children and maintains state regulated ratio
• Conducts activities with participants according to provided schedule and keeps count of those present to ensure safety of participants
• Utilizes positive behavior strategies and maintains professionalism in interactions with participants
• Practices regular safety procedures (i.e. supports attendance, drills, area checks, etc.)
• Acknowledges all visitors and maintains a secure environment
• Attends required trainings scheduled by the Latchkey supervisor
• Regularly evaluates own performance and interactions with children in order to provide optimal care
• Other duties as assigned by Site Supervisor related to position
• Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org :
– Cover Letter
– Listing of References
– Deadline: February 15, 2019