Welcome to Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Pre-Kindergarten!
Are you a current OLGC Parish School Family? Please login to FACTS Tuition website to secure your placement for next year.
ABOUT OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSEL PRE-K
• Pre-Kindergarten should be a learning environment where ALL children feel safe and are free to explore through resources and opportunities presented to them in a positive manner. Students will be introduced to readiness skills in fun and interesting ways.
• Each child can practice problem-solving skills, readiness skills, responsibility, socialization, independence, courtesy and compassion for each other.
• Parents are an essential connection in a child’s success, and we encourage communication to create a strong partnership between school and home.
• By engaging in many open-ended activities, young students will be challenged to use methods of observation, discussion, and individual thought process to guide them in their learning.
• Children will become lifelong learners when learning about their world through positive, nurturing and loving interactions in ALL learning situations.
The OLGC Pre-Kindergarten Curriculum
is intended to expose students to our fundamental Catholic teachings, language, math, motor skills, art, music, and technology by focusing on these key areas:
The OLGC Pre-Kindergarten Daily Schedule
Pre-Kindergarten daily schedule includes both periods of active and quiet time in the following ways:
• Begin to instill our Christian values with the support of the Image of God faith series and other religious materials to support the Catholic faith
• Acquire academic skills based on the State standards
• Encourage cooperation, choice making and consideration of others
• Develop problem-solving skills
• Nurture a sense of independence and responsibility
• Encourage and promote self-help skills
• Promote skills of observation, listening and questioning
• Inspire socialization, creativity, discovery, imagination, and exploration
Pre-Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year we will offer the following program options depending on registration interest:
Half Day, Mornings: 8:00 AM-11:30 AM
Full Day: 8:00 AM-2:45 PM
Snacks will not be provided for Pre-Kindergarten students. Please bring a healthy snack each day. Hot lunch/milk may be ordered monthly in the full day program. After school care is available for the full day program only.
Tuition for the 2019/2020 school year will increase 5% over 2018/2019. See the chart below for Pre-K tuition rates.
This increase reflects increasing educational expenses to ensure all students are provided resources they need while at the same time maintaining an affordable tuition structure. As in prior years tuition alone does not cover all costs. Cost per student is presently estimated to be $7,900 per student for the 2019/2020 school year. The shortfall between tuition and costs is made up by the generosity of OLGC Parish and the school’s Parent Volunteer Core team.
|1 Child (Full Day)||$5,550||$5,828|
|1 Child (Half Day)||$3,400||$3,570|
Tuition Assistance for OLGC School Families
We recognize the decision to pursue and fund a Catholic education is one which requires considerable sacrifice but is also a decision that provides great opportunity to unleash the Gospel within families.
Our goal is to ensure that any Catholic family seeking an excellent Catholic education for their children at OLGC can have one. To that end financial assistance is offered to families through two programs, the Archdiocese of Detroit Tuition Assistance Program and OLGC’s Vollbrecht Fund.
Registering your child for Pre-K
Class size is limited to a maximum of 16 students during any half-day session. Students will be admitted based on their selection and space availability. A session selection may be changed dependent on final enrollment numbers. Families will be notified should a change be necessary.
OLGC Catholic School has the primary obligation to those children who are siblings of students currently enrolled in other grades and to parishioners of OLGC: after that, students will be admitted on a space availability, first-come, first-served basis.
If the desired session is full, families will be informed by the school office that they have been placed on a waiting list. If this occurs a family has the following options:
• Withdraw their registration, at which time their family name will be removed from the waitlist and their registration payment will be returned.
• Remain on the waitlist; registration payment will be held until there is a possible opening or it may be returned upon request.