Welcome to Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Preschool Program!
OLGC Catholic Preschool exists to provide a safe, high-quality, play based, and developmentally appropriate program for preschool aged children. We serve and meet the needs of the whole child which focuses on the individual child's age and abilities to encourage social, cognitive, physical, emotional and spiritual growth.
PRE-K 3 YEAR OLDS
- OPTION 1: Three half days (M,W,F) - 8:00am – 11:30am
- OPTION 2: Two half days (T,TH) - 8:00am – 11:30am
PRE-K 4 YEAR OLDS
- OPTION 1: Five half days (M-F): 8:00am - 11:30am
- OPTION 2: Five full days (M-F): 8:00am - 2:45pm
OLGC PRE-K OFFERS
- Faith integration into our classroom through daily prayer, weekly mass, chapel visits, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, opportunities for adoration, praise and worship, exposure to Kerygma 4 Kids, and more
- Enrichment classes including library, computers, music, spanish, art, and PE students attend weekly
- A play based curriculum where children learn through hands on experiences including dramatic play “house” area, block area, art area, sensory table, playdough table, writing center, literacy and math tables, reading corners, interactive CleverTouch boards, and more
- Learning that is child led and teacher directed to help foster independence, responsibility, love for learning, and discovery
- Handwriting Without Tears, a handwriting and literacy/math program created by Occupational Therapists to help beginner readers and writers understand and manipulate letters and numbers. Students receive their own Handwriting without Tears workbook to practice writing and formation of letters/numbers that aligns with our literacy and math whole group teaching.
AREAS OF LEARNING
Intended to expose students to our fundamental Catholic teachings, language, math, motor skills, art, music, and technology by focusing on these key areas:
- Children should be 4 by September 1st if enrolling in Pre-K-4
- Children must be fully potty trained and able to use the bathroom independently
- Snack and Lunch must be brought daily (hot lunch/milk order options are available)
- Students in full day programs are given a rest time daily which complies with our licensing
- Children enjoy an outdoor gross motor play time on our playground which follows state mandates
- Before and after school care is also offered for preschoolers. See “Latchkey” for more information.